The MikroTik Certified IPv6 Engineer (MTCIPv6) course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of IPv6 networking concepts and how to implement them using MikroTik routers. IPv6 is the next-generation Internet Protocol that replaces the current IPv4 addressing scheme, and it's important for network professionals to be familiar with its implementation.
Here are some topics that are typically covered in the MikroTik MTCIPv6 course:
- IPv6 Basics: Understanding the fundamental differences between IPv4 and IPv6, including addressing, header structure, and advantages of IPv6.
- IPv6 Addressing: Learning about IPv6 addressing types, notation, allocation, and subnetting.
- IPv6 Routing: Exploring how routing works in an IPv6 environment, including static and dynamic routing protocols such as OSPFv3 and BGP.
- IPv6 Services and Applications: Understanding how IPv6 is used in various network services and applications, including DNS (Domain Name System), DHCPv6 (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), and more.
- IPv6 Security: Learning about IPv6 security considerations and best practices for securing IPv6 networks.
- IPv6 Transition Mechanisms: Exploring techniques to transition from IPv4 to IPv6, including tunneling and translation mechanisms.
- MikroTik RouterOS and IPv6 Configuration: Hands-on labs and exercises for configuring IPv6 on MikroTik routers using RouterOS.
- IPv6 Troubleshooting: Developing skills to diagnose and resolve issues related to IPv6 connectivity and configuration.
MikroTik training courses, including MTCIPv6, are typically offered in various formats, including online training sessions, on-site classes, and workshops. These courses are suitable for network administrators, engineers, and IT professionals who want to expand their knowledge of IPv6 networking and how to implement it using MikroTik devices.