The Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification is designed for individuals who have experience working with Microsoft Azure and want to validate their skills in administering Azure resources. This certification is focused on Azure administration tasks, including managing Azure services, implementing security, monitoring resources, and more.
Key topics covered in the Azure Administrator Associate certification include:
- Azure Subscriptions and Resources: Understanding Azure subscriptions, resource groups, and resource management.
- Azure Virtual Machines: Deploying, configuring, and managing virtual machines in Azure.
- Azure Networking: Configuring and managing Azure networking services such as virtual networks, network security groups, and Azure Firewall.
- Azure Identity and Access Management: Managing Azure Active Directory, users, groups, and roles for controlling access to resources.
- Azure Storage: Working with Azure storage services, including blob storage, file storage, and managing data.
- Azure Virtual Networks: Configuring and managing Azure virtual networks, VPN gateways, and peering.
- Azure Monitoring and Backup: Implementing monitoring solutions, using Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, and configuring Azure Backup.
- Azure Security and Compliance: Implementing security controls, managing security policies, and implementing Azure Policy.
- Azure Governance and Compliance: Implementing governance controls, managing compliance, and using Azure Blueprints.
- Azure Automation and ARM Templates: Automating tasks using Azure Automation and deploying resources using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
To earn the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification, you need to pass the associated exam that covers these areas. This certification is an intermediate-level credential and is beneficial for professionals who are directly involved in the day-to-day administration of Azure resources.