The Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals certification is an entry-level certification that validates your understanding of basic cloud concepts and Microsoft Azure services. This certification is designed for individuals who are new to Azure and cloud computing in general. It's a great starting point if you're looking to build a foundational understanding of cloud technologies and how they relate to Microsoft's Azure platform.
Key topics covered in the Azure Fundamentals certification include:
- Cloud Concepts: Understanding the fundamental concepts of cloud computing, including the benefits of cloud services, deployment models (public, private, hybrid), and service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Azure Services and Solutions: Exploring the various Azure services and solutions available, such as virtual machines, storage, databases, networking services, and more.
- Azure Pricing and SLA: Learning about Azure pricing models, subscription options, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Azure services.
- Azure Governance and Compliance: Understanding how Azure provides security, privacy, and compliance features, including Azure Active Directory, RBAC (Role-Based Access Control), and compliance certifications.
- Azure Identity and Access Management: Learning about Azure AD (Azure Active Directory), identity providers, and how to manage user access to Azure resources.
- Azure Management Tools: Exploring the tools and interfaces used to manage Azure resources, including the Azure Portal, Azure PowerShell, and Azure CLI.
The certification exam for Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals typically covers these areas, and passing the exam demonstrates your grasp of basic Azure concepts. It's important to note that while this certification is relatively basic, it can be an essential stepping stone if you plan to pursue more advanced Azure certifications.